With Valentine’s Day being only a week away I thought it would be the perfect time to share this delicious treat that I have been loving with you guys! I like mixing up this recipe and not just covering strawberries in my favorite dark chocolate but decided to go with a healthier alternative as well…greek yogurt. I like using nonfat vanilla greek yogurt and paring it with all fruit especially strawberries. I decided to make it more festive for Valentine’s day and added some pink dye. I added some pink sugar sprinkles and some cute heart sprinkles for an extra touch. You know I still had to get some chocolate in there with some chocolate chips. No matter what occasion you are making these delicious treats for I promise that they will be super tasty and super cute.
Nonfat Vanilla Greek Yogurt (or yogurt of your choosing)
Pink food coloring or dye (optional)
Toppings of your choice sprinkles or chocolate chips (I used Lily’s Dark Chocolate baking chips sweetened with Stevia)
1. Divide yogurt into two bowls. In one bowl add a few drops of pink dye until the desired shade is reached.
2. Dip your strawberries in the yogurt to cover them and lay them on a Baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or plastic wrap)
3. Put in the freezer for one hour to let the yogurt harden.
4. Remove from freezer and dip in yogurt again for a second coat (this helps prevent cracking of the yogurt)
5. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings if desired.
6. Put the strawberries back into the freezer for another hour or so or until ready to serve
What are some of your favorite ways to top chocolate covered or yogurt covered strawberries?