Hi, I’m Jacqueline and I have decided to start this blog to express myself, not only what I am going through but also share my other passions in life Fashion, Food, and Fitness. I also hope to share my thoughts on different topics such as skin removal, self-love, and body positivity as well as other topics that I feel passionate about as I continue on this journey called life.
I have always struggled with my weight since I was a little girl. Early in 2012, I realized that my weight had gotten completely out of hand, and I found myself weighing more than I could ever imagine over 500 pounds. I set off on a journey to not only change my weight but also determined to change my life. Through healthy eating, exercise and the unconditional support of my family, friends and amazing fiancé Kevin, I set off on my journey and have never looked back. I have now lost over 300 pounds and I am having several skin removal surgeries. What started out as me starting social media to document my skin removal surgeries for family and friends has quickly blossomed into this blog and other outlets to share my journey.
I am hoping that through my journey I can help inspire and motivate others, and let people know that no matter how big of a goal or a dream that you have, if you work hard and believe in yourself you can do anything! Even though the weight loss part of my journey is complete, my journey will never be over. I hope that by sharing my experiences I can help other people who are going through similar situations. When I first started my journey I wasn’t sure that I would be able to lose that amount of weight? Could it be done? Had anyone lost that much weight before? I hope to be that support and inspiration to help others to change their lifestyles to live a happier healthier life.
Here are a few facts to hopefully help you get to know me better.
- I grew up in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. I absolutely love it here.
- I have the most amazing fiancé, Kevin. We have been together for 10 years. On Christmas Eve 2013, we got engaged in front of the Disneyland Castle. To say that was a “dream come true” would be an understatement.
- I am obsessed with Disneyland and all things Disney and have been ever since I made my Disneyland debut in utero. Yea…Disneyland is kind of a big deal in my family.
- My family means the world to me. I don’t know what I would do without them. I have the best parents who love and support me in everything I do. I also have an older sister who has always got my back and would do absolutely anything for me.
- I am super close with my cousins and my cousin’s kids and have a special connection with them.
- I am a HUGE San Francisco Giants fan. I also love the Golden State Warriors. Rumor has it that I may or may not have a slight crush on #23 for the Warriors (at this time I cannot confirm or deny this rumor)
- I LOVE shopping! Makeup and fashion have always been a huge part of my life. I have always been a girly girl and fashion has always been a huge part of my life.
- I have always struggled with my weight. I had hit rock bottom when I found myself weighing more than 500 pounds.
- I have lost over 300 pounds by changing my diet and starting to exercise.
- I now LOVE working out. Exercise and fitness have become a huge part of my life. I now workout around 5-6 times per week. I joined a gym where I do group classes. I also do some personal training as well. My trainers are awesome and I am so grateful for the friendships I have made with my trainers and work out group.
- I love cooking and baking. Since starting my weight loss journey, I have loved creating my own recipes for clean eating. I also love testing out new recipes and finding ways to make “unhealthy” food healthier.
- I am a Montessori Preschool Teacher. I love working with the children and being able to have such an impact on them. One of my biggest goals is to help the children show kindness, love, respect and be polite to everyone no matter what their shape, size, age, color or gender.
- I am also a baker. Kevin and I started a bakery where we offer cookies, cupcakes, cakes, brownies and other sweet treats. We also love to do wedding cakes. We are currently working on coming up with sugar-free and high protein recipes as well.
- I am a Kappa Delta alum and I love it. My friends love and support means so much to me
- In July 2016, I had my first skin removal surgery. I had a circumferential lower body lift with a “fleur de lis.” In November 2016 I had my second skin removal surgery. I had a circumferential upper body lift as well as an arm lift. In June 2017 I had revisions to my back and arms to remove the rest of the skin that was left after the second procedure. In January 2018 I had liposuction done on my legs from my waist all the way down to my ankles. I will still be needing 2 (possibly 3) more surgeries. These surgeries have drastically changed my life already. My skin is not only causing medical issues, but it is also affecting my mental health and well being. I still have a long way to go with recovery but I’m so happy with how everything is going so far.
- I can’t wait to start planning my wedding. I am so excited to go try on dresses. My dream would be to have a Disney wedding.
I hope that you got to know me a little better but to follow everything else that I have going on you can find me on
If you have any questions or are needing a little motivation please feel free to contact me!
“Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly”