OK guys. Here it is. This has to be one of my favorite recipes that I have come up with. Well definitely within my top 5 favorites! I literally have this almost everyday and I am still addicted! These fries have come to my rescue so many times. The are crunchy, spicy, and are the perfect side dish to really any meal! I love experimenting with different seasonings and spices and coming up with different variations of these “fries” and I am never disappointed! But I have to say, spicy fries are my absolute favorite! To me, they are like a mix between hot Cheetos and french fries…YUM! I love having these as a snack anytime of day! They satisfy my craving for that perfect side dish and are so good dipped in Ranch or ketchup! So lets just get to this recipe already! Make sure you tag me and let me know if you make these or what seasonings you end up using!
4 large carrot sicks
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Paprika
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Chili Powder
1/2 tsp to 1 tsp Cayenne powder
Non stick cooking spray
Olive Oil (optional)
The amount of spices depends on how much spice you would like personally as well as the size of your carrots.
1. Preheat oven to 420° F
2. Peel your carrot sticks and wash them
3. Cut them into thin french fry strips
4. Place in a plastic baggie
5. Put spices into the bag and shake it all up
6. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil
7. Evenly space out carrot fries on sheet
8. (optional) lightly drizzle carrots with olive oil*
9. Put in oven for about 10 minutes and flip over
10. Put them in the oven for about another 10 minutes
11. Remove from oven and let them slightly cool
* Using oil will help the fries crisp up a little more. Sometimes if I have fats left to use in my meal plan, I will do this. If not, I don’t use anything and the are still amazing!!!